Two Principles — Many Skills
Teaching the principles of sonification and strengthening spatial (re)thinking are tasks that require many skills. Breaking down these skills and training them specifically is one of the essential aspects of our project work.
- Basic recognition and differentiation of the six half-axes
- Recognize individual axes from a superposition of up to three axes
- Being able to react to the change of the sound
- Being able to estimate the distance based on the intensity of the sound
- Find the most direct route between the player and the target
- Understanding and precise control of the input
- Better and faster capture of a perspective rethink
- Faster adaptation with a system in which both view and controls are swapped or distorted.
- Quick and precise rethinking, both with changing controls and view.